: The Montauk 120 Mile challenge Sunday, September 12th, 2021. This is a fun, fast, high spirited ride with the Brooklyn based Major Taylor Iron Riders Cycling Club. It begins from Brooklyn’s Prospect Park and goes to the Montauk lighthouse for a total of 120 plus miles over a mostly flat course. There will be three rest stops, roughly 40 miles apart providing hydration and energy boosting nutrition. This is a one way trip departing from Prospect Park with speeds averaging between 16 -18+ mph. At the end of the ride, food and beverages will be provided. A luxury coach bus will return you to your point of origin and your bike carefully packed in truck, waiting for you when you arrive.
Important information before registering:
1) Pay $80 for SAG, rest stop food/hydration, post-meal at the Montauk Lighthouse and the chartered bus ride back to Prospect Park.
2) Pay $50 for SAG, rest stop food/hydration and the post-meal at the Montauk Lighthouse. NO BUS RIDE BACK. You must provide your own transportation for you and your bike. PLEASE NOTE: This year, LIRR WILL NOT allow bikes on the trains. No bikes on the train, the day of the ride.
3) Pay $40 NO Bus No post-ride meal
4) Wristbands will be issued to all paid participants the morning of the ride. No wristband. No support. No day of registrations. No exceptions.
5) Bag drop this year is on Saturday, September 11th, 2021 at the Ride Brooklyn bike shop (ie: bike packing materials, change of clothes, comfortable shoes, toiletries, etc) All packing materials must be provided by participant.
MASK IS REQUIRED TO GET ON THE BUS!
Any questions, feel free to contact a member of MTIR
Live to ride, ride to live
Event Location: Brooklyn Prospect Park
Ride Category: Everyone
Event Organizer: Major Taylor Iron Riders (MTIR)
Event Website & Registration: Bikereg.com
Any Questions, feel free to contact: MTIR President Dereka Hendon Barnes
GPS Ride Link: Montauk Ride Link
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED!